Hydrotherapy (Water Treadmill)
Dr. David Knox, one of the few certified canine rehabilitation practitioners in San Diego County, provides rehabilitation, treatment, and therapy for dogs recovering from a variety of ailments and/or managing chronic musculoskeletal diseases. At Companion Animal Health & Rehabilitation Center, we’re proud to offer hydrotherapy with an advanced water treadmill system to our canine rehabilitation patients in Escondido, Temecula & Murrieta.
- Buoyancy reduces the weight and stress on joints, helping to support weak or injured patients.
- Resistance, while moving through the water, gently strengthens atrophied or weak muscles.
- Temperature control soothes muscles and joints, while improving circulation with warm water.
- Hydrostatic pressure, the pressure of water pressing against your pet’s body, reduces swelling and benefits circulatory problems.
What's an Underwater Treadmill?
How Can Hydrotherapy with an Underwater Treadmill Help My Dog?
- Arthritis – Less weight on joints and a massage from warm, soothing jets, provides relief.
- Post-Operative – With a water treadmill, pets recovering from orthopedic surgery can remain active, while restoring range of motion and flexibility.
- Neurological Conditions – The water’s support helps patients walk and gain strength.
- Canine Athletes – The water’s resistance and our veterinarian’s ability to control the speed of your pet’s exercise make the water treadmill a perfect place for athletic pets to safely train.